Friday, June 16, 2006

What are some dentists thinking?

Sometimes I wonder what some dentists are thinking when they start a practice. Do they really plan to screw people out of there money? Do they really plan to have a gross practice? Do they plan to not sterilize things that should be? Do they plan to schedule like a billion people all at the same time and think they get to them all? Do they really think that they can pay so little and give so few benefits and still have employees? Are we that desperate that we will take jobs where the dentist is like this?

I had another working interview and this office was so disquisting!! They don't sterilize there air/water syringe tips , they just wipe them off!! They dentist told me not to premedicate me patient who had a heart murmur. The office staff and assistants touched the charts with contaminated gloves. They had no schedule at all and people in the waiting room started to leave because they had been waiting so long.

I just heard that there are even some dentists who are so cheap that they only pay their hygienists when they are actually scaling. If you are there at 7:30 to be prepared for your patient at 8:00, that is prep time and is not payed for, if you take a lunch it is not payed for, at the end of the day when you are cleaning up and writing in charts, it is clean up time and is not paid for. How prickly can some dentists be!!!

I hope I am not the only person having super psycho working interviews but maybe I am just attracted to the psychos!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann said...

I wonder about the cheapness of dentist. Is it a Utah thing or is it a dentist thing? I am leaning toward a Utah thing. Employers in Utah are stingy and do not pay their hard working employees a decent wage.

Sooo do some dentist pay for you to take your lunch. Every single job I have had in my life I had to clock out for lunch. I am new to the dental world and I do not know what is normal. I would think that I did not get paid to sit on my butt and stuff my face. Who knew???

9:38 AM  
Blogger Jami said...

Hey Natalie, it's Jami! I've been checking in on your blog. I am feeling some of your same frustrations. My license is still not here and i am worried that the dentist i would like to work for is getting a little antsy and sick of waiting... So, what the heck?! I would like to know---(well probably not) where this freaky office is!! I'm sure there are a lot of them out there. It's scary that we have to make those decisions of what we will and will not put up with. I hope the search will end on a good note for you! And, if you can find a dentist to pay for your lunch, kudos to you...but i have never heard of that. However, a dds that only pays during scale time is cheap. i have never heard of anything like that! I also feel like it might just be a utah thing. THat's weird.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home