Friday, May 19, 2006

My first working interview

Well I just went to my first working interview and I called DOPL to make sure that it was ok so I wasn't getting the dentist into trouble.
It was the craziest day. I showed up to the office an hour early so that I could look over the charts and kind of learn where things were at in the office.
After my first patient, which only had five teeth, I realized that an hour appointment is going to be ok. I was a little behind because I didn't know how to turn anything on and I didn't know where anything was even though the office had showed me everything, like I remember it all, I don't. So it just took a little while longer because I was running to find the assistants asking then a billion questions. I also had some crazy patients. One guy was in such a bad mood he wouldn't even stay for the dentist to do an exam, he just practically ran out of the office. And then another patient I saw gave himself acupunture with two 30 gauage needles right there in the chair so that he didn't have to get a shot. Which kind of defeats the purpose of not getting poked with a needle because he just poked himself with two needles so I really don't see how it is different but he did I guess!!
Over all it was a great experience even if I do not get the position and I got paid so that was cool too.

Has anyone taken the jurisprudence exam yet? and if so , How was it? Do I need to study?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

Fun! I am glad to see that you are still blogging. I love to follow y'all and see how working life is treating you! I was surprised to hear about the allowance for the working interview. You have found out information that can help everyone else.

I can't believe that you guys found out about your board results so fast. I heard from several students who had positive results. How did you do? I am sure that you did great! Did you hear back from any of the offices that you have interviewed with?

I will visit again to see how things are going. Take care.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally a post that doesn't start with Journal #00! Just kidding. :)

1:38 AM  
Blogger Natlee Lloyd said...

Natalie this is Natalie, no not yourself:) So it sounds like you have had some pretty awesome working interviews! Crazy people! Did you move yet? I did and am finally free of in laws again! Yeah! I saw X men 3 and loved it! And I only had to leave to pee once which is a huge step for me seems as I am in the bathroom every 10 minutes otherwise. Best of luck with your jobs, you will be awesome!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home