Thursday, March 02, 2006

Journal #9

My patient cancelled on me just last night so my dad had to come in as my emergency patient.
If I went through my life as unorganized or uncaring as some of my patients, I would get nowhere. They schedule appointments and then forget about them and then expect us to reschedule them. Do they not understand that we only have one semester and a whole bunch of requirments to fulfill and they might not even be what we need.
I have decided that if my patient cancels on my or no shows I will not reschedule them. There are other people who acknowladge that we are providing an invaluable service, one that could ultimately save their life and these are the people that I want to treat. And these are the people that I want to schedule. I don't have time or the energy to try to cater to every whim of my patients. Those that want to come in will remember their appointments and those that don't really want a cleaing will just basically screw me over and stress me out even more because they cancel or no show but then in revenge, I won't schedule them.

(To myself) Natalie stop sounding so bitter. Everything will work out!! So you have retarded patients who cares, at least you have a patient in your chair and a patient to work on. That is all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home