Thursday, November 10, 2005

clinic journal #16

Today Heidi Law and I shared one patient because she is going to be one of our back up board patients. We took a full mouth xray on her which we shared and it was so much fun also, our patient spoke spanish so I got to use my spanish-english dictionary for the first time and it was pretty awesome. Anyway, I decided to scale two quadrants because she was a class two and heidi did not need class two requirments. It was pretty tough calculus but we were able to get everything done except for the calculus deposit that was between #14 and #15 because it is a heavy deposit and can be used for an extra tooth if we decide to use this patient for boards.

One thing that has come up in clinic is the problem with Professor Green at the VA. It seeems that everyone that had her for there instructor did not get any of their requirments completed. They still have a lot of quads of class two and three. how can it be so different between all the other professors and her. She should be more compassionate toward us because she just graduated and she knows the requirments that we have. Difficulty does not always have to be based on "by the book" rules. Difficulty depends on so many factors and I think that professor green may need to take those into consideration. I am nervous for next semester because I have her as an instructor and I think that we might bash heads on this subject. I hope that the professors can "calibrate" and help us meet our requirments instead of shoving authority in our faces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home