Thursday, October 13, 2005

Clinic Journal #11 and #12

This was my last day at the VA for this semester and it is totally bitter sweet. I will totally miss my VA group they are the best people in the whole world and I totally got to know them so well and they are all so AWESOME!!!! I hope that we will still get together as the VA group during the rest of the sememster. And what can I say about professor Hanson, she is fabulous!!! She has taught me so much and I have had so much fun doing it. I think I will miss all the VA crushes and especially Ron and his wonderful personality and attitude about dental hygiene. Just kidding!!! Just wanted to note that so I could remember!!!
Just remember, toward the face, toward the toe.






It was kind of fun at WSU clinic today, I worked on two patients that I knew but had no idea who they were until they got into the chair and I recognized them. My last patient was very interested in entering the program and so I totally got into telling her all about it and all about the big contoversy about the Orem hygiene school. One thing that was weird about my last patient was that she had beautiful teeth but her gingiva were really edematous and bled alot. She seemed to have really good oral hygiene and she had no medical conditions that would indicate her being more prone to ginigivitis. At even the slightest touch she would gush blood. I hate seeing people with great teeth but bad tissue. One factor is her lack of dental flossing. That might even be a huge factor, I guess I will see when she comes back for her recall appointment.
My first patient had so many broken teeth and so many broken amalgam fillings that I just was wondering how she even ate anything and how she got through the day with that much pain. She needs tons of work but she is on her way, through midtown, to a healthy mouth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

Thank-you for your kind comments. You are a delight to have as a student and as a collaborator.

Interesting case with the patient you mentioned. Some patients can exhibit symptoms that are truly puzzling.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home