Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Evaluation of my program

For my population, I would be evaluating what the teens learned from my powerpoints, hands on demonstrations and classes/assemblies. I started out my project with a survey and so I would evaluate also with a post survey of the specific school I chose and see if any of the kids learned or started to care more about their nutrition and the affect it had on their oral health. I would also want to do some face-to-face interviews with some of the students and with the faculty and see how teens and teachers were effected by my presentation and suggestions for the school. If I implemented the nutritional vending machines, I might evaluate that by just seeing how much money was spent on its content after a month, and also see what items, if any, were purchased the most. Since my program was mostly educational I really don't know if I could use any dental indexes for evaluation. If I started my program with one then I would be able to compare the beginning index with the ending index so maybe that can be something I could add to my implementation. But for now just the survey and interviews would be sufficient. If anyone has any suggestions, please comment!! Thanks you guys!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Great Job!!! I have never visited your blog before, but it sounds like your program is very well thought out! I think that one of the best ways to see progress in this program is just to ask the people involved! I liked when you said that you would want to do some face-to-face interviews with some of the students and the faculty to see if they were affected by your presentation. I like the idea for the nutritional vending machines--and maybe in your follow-up you could just put more of the most popular items in the machine and do away with the less popular items--but you already know that! Keep up the good work!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home