Sunday, November 07, 2004

Vending machines

I was watching the news a few weeks ago and they had an interesting spotlight on teenagers and there eating habits at school. One school was going to implement a variety of nutritional foods into the vending machines to try to influence teens to cut back on the sugar. I have decided to focus my attention on teens as my community and on the diet that they acquire at school and how that affects their overall oral health. If anyone watched that same news spotlight I would appreciate any info you have or any comments on how teens can better appreciate the affect their diet has on their teeth. One thing to start out my implementation of a plan for that community would be to go to some junior high schools and high schools and just take a survey or something to get a better feel for how many students eat junk food for lunch and snacks through out the day and get their feelings on healthy food and see if nutritional vending would even be a possibility. If anyone has another way I could start I would love the suggestion!! Thanks

1 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

There is a recent article in one of the hygiene journals, I can't remember the name at this moment that addresses your topic. In any case, I think that it is an interesting idea and could be used for your program plan, table clinic and BS project (if you weren't already working on the AR project). In any case, I look forward to you developing this idea further.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home