Thursday, October 27, 2005

clinic Journal #14

Mockboards was a very good experience. I was really stressed out but managed to get all the paperwork together and correct and managed to pretty well on scaling. My patient was totally awesome because it took a really long time and he was very patient and super nice even when I had to go back and scale a few teeth because I had missed some areas os calculus. I am so grateful to WSU for providing us with these practice sessions for boards. I think I would really be frustrated if this was the real board exam, even though I would have passed with an ok score but still my goal is perfection and to get a 100% on the board exam so hopefully I can live up to that goal. It is pretty lofty but secretly my goal is just to pass but if I tell myself that then I won't try as hard. Just remember toward the face and try as many different instruments as possible to get the teeth feeling as smooth as possible.
I hope I find a patient as great as the one today, which by the way would have qualified!!
And hopefully I find a patient but I am not stressing, I just need to concentrate on technique and the rest will fall into place!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann said...

Are you kidding me? He would have qualified?!?! Now I don't feel quite so bad about making you take him! I am so glad you had a really good experience! You are going to get 100% on the boards! You are just about perfect-minus your stealing other people's lab coats!! May you find a great board pt.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

I think it is wise to set such a high goal for yourself and remember to focus on your technique. I am sure that you are going to do just fine.

Mockboards are an interesting process, you will be even more glad for them when the real thing rolls around.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home