Thursday, March 02, 2006

Journal #8

Today was mockboard day and heidi Wilson was so wonderful and found me a mockboard patient. It was kind of a bummer though because when he came today, he told me that he had to leave at 9:30 so I didn't really have any time to scale or probe or do any of the things that I will be doing on the real boards. My patient had a lot of hidden areas of calculus like on the straight facial of #7 he had a really deep pocket with black calculus but I would have never expected to see calculus there because that is an area where everyone brushes but I guess he hasn't brushed there for quite some time.

I don't even know if he would have qualified for the real boards, I think that he had too deep of pockets and I don't know if I would have wanted to clean him anyway for boards because his calculus was kind of cement like but manageable.

I am just kind of frustrated that I never get a really good mockboard experience. People just don't seem to "get it." That they are coming to a university to have there teeth cleaned meaning that it will take longer then a normal dental office and our instructors will provide feedback and help throughout the appointment and that there are less professors then students and that they are going to have to wait to be checked.

HELLO, it is on our time not the patients time, they need to accomidate to us!! not us to them because then we do not get our requirments or good experiences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home